Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You're All I Have...

2 kids / 2 days / 2 conversations...

This Dad thing has a learning curve and that learning curve never ends but it does keep you on your feet...

Not going into the details but I had things to discuss with both my kids one after the other and also one day after the other with 2 different conversations...

You're dealing with an individual, I never talk down to anyone and treat everyone as my equal unless the line is crossed...

I remember when I was young and my parents let me have it sometimes and I do mean they let me have it...  Looking back at it I did deserve it but now times have changed and I use my experiences with my parents but in a toned down matter with my kids...

The funny thing is that my parents were always right and it took me at to now to realize it...

Enough babbling...

My Parents taught me well...  I aim to teach my kids well...

My point here is that when I talk to my kids and talk to them as a parent and not a friend...

I see me talking to myself...

Seriously...

Everything comes out and them you realize it's like deja vu and then it hits me that I'm talking to my son / daughter and facing them only to see a reflection of myself...

I Love Being a Dad!!!


===

"I'm there for you and will always be there for you..."
"Always..."
"I Promise..."
"Will you be there for me?"

You're All I Have...

You're All I Have...

No comments: